Monday, July 20, 2015

Food for the brain : My favourite podcasts !

Hello you,

I wanted to share with you today my recent discovery and love for podcasts! I got into listening to them about a year ago, slowly exploring the myriad of programs that exists on the web and finding my favourite ones !
To me listening to podcasts is an easy and smart way to learn new things and extend my knowledge on topics that tickle my interest. I listen and download  them on my phone using an app called Stitcher that even allows me to listen to my favourite episodes "off  line", during my runs for instance ....how COOL is that :) ?! 

Here are my most-listened programs, ones that I faithfully download every week... You can listen to them on your phone via apps such as Stitcher, Itunes, Podcast Addict or even straight on the program's website from your computer...Hope you will find something that interests you !


Rich has had an inspiring life transformation. He went from being a New York attorney, struggling with alcoolism and depression to becoming an accomplished vegan ultra-endurance athlete, wellness and plant based nutrition advocate, motivational speaker and overall great human being (in my humble opinion..;)
He accomplished races that anyone would think humanly unfeasable, the Epic 5 for instance, 5 ironman races (basically 5 of longest format of thriatlons, i.e. 226 kilometers ) in 5 days... Mind blowing! In his podcast Rich has deep conversations with some of the most bright and forward thinking minds in health, nutrition,art, and entertainment.





Stephen Dubner and Steven Levitt melded popculture and economics and created a very unique kind of podcast. Each weekly episoe explores the riddles of everyday life-from cheating and crime to parenting and sports-and reaches conclusions that turn conventional wisdom on its head.                                              







The TED Radio Hour is a journey through fascinating ideas: astonishing inventions, fresh approaches to old problems, new ways to think and create. Based on Talks given by riveting speakers on the world-renowned TED stage, each show is centered on a common theme – such as the source of happiness, crowd-sourcing innovation, power shifts, or inexplicable connections.





Invisbilia was launched last year, for a pilot season but its success was so big in the podcast world that a second season is on its way ! This podcast explores the intangible forces that shape human behavior-things like ideas, beliefs, assumptions and emotions. I cannot wait for the new season to come out !










I really hope this post will encourage you to explore the world of podcasts! I am sure you will find something that will feed your soul and knowledge!

Cheers x

Talia

1 comment:

  1. loved the Ted on Love especially the last part on men and women;s different phisical posture while speaking about sentiments !!
    too funny!
    moon

    ReplyDelete